Friday, March 1, 2013

We are back together

I was eating my chocolate Power Bar this morning, kind of sad that I wouldn't be drinking a Pepsi today. I've been trying to give up Pepsi because I would like to lose my pooch and little love handles. I tried giving it up several weeks ago. I was good for 4 hard days! On Monday, I thought, 'I can do this!' No Pepsi for 2 days.
 
Pepsi makes me happy. It's the reason I get up in the morning... okay, not really. I get up because I have kids to get ready for school.
 
Pepsi is a memory. Many fabulous memories. My earliest memory is when I was 10. My aunt Sherry and family were living with us in Arizona. My mom & aunt would stay up late toll painting while us kids were supposed to be sleeping. My mom & aunt would allow my cousin and I to stay up tickling their backs. They would share a couple sips of Pepsi with us.
 
Another moment is when my oldest son was 7 months and could sip out of a straw... his first taste of soda. I called everyone in my family excited!
 
Chilled over ice in a glass, sharing one with my youngest brother on his lunch break at my parents home in Mesa. Sharing one with my mom while eating homemade salsa & chatting. Going over to my grandma's house. My grandmas & my aunts 32 ouncers on the kitchen counter, country music blasting on the stereo.
 
Ahhhh, Pepsi! It brings me back. I love the special moments shared with family over a cold Pepsi.
 
So back to eating my Power Bar. That is when I decided I wasn't going to give up Pepsi. At ALL! I will simply drink more water throughout the day.

Yeup, picked this baby up today!

1 comment: