Friday, March 15, 2013

Garbage Man

I grew up in Arizona. I don't remember seeing a garbage man pick up the trash cans and dump it into the back. The garbage men I remember drove big trucks with a fork on the side that lifted the trash cans to the top.
 
I have great appreciation for the garabage men here. Depending on area, there are 2 or 3 working together. Usually there is the driver and then the other(s) picking up the trash and dumping.
 
They work hard and quick. They are efficient. I imagine my kids growing up with that same work ethic!
 
If I happen to be outside when they are around, I say 'thank you' with a smile and eye contact... {not creepy eye contact to indicate I'm stalking them...  because I'm really not}. I appreciate their hard work and service for a non-glamorous job! 

No comments:

Post a Comment