Monday, March 4, 2013

Shutter turned holder

While I was at the thrift store I came across this shutter. It was ugly brown, paint was chipping. It wasn't pretty, but I knew it could be. You know the saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover", that idea applies here. You can't look at something and take it for face value. Everything can be fixed up, painted. It came home with me for $2. I spray painted 3 coats of yellow. I love the sunny color!
 
 
I love the rustic, used, beat up look. To do that, I used an acrylic paint in brown and light sponged it on. You can also wipe off with a damp cloth for a different look.
 
 
 
 
 
I drilled two holes at the top for the ribbon to run through. I love the sunny color!
 


This is a central spot for my kids to hang up their books they are reading for the week. It also holds their spot in the book for next day reading.
 
Did I mention I love the sunny color it adds to my home?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment