Friday, November 16, 2012

Wax this - Upper Lip

Years ago while in high school, I was driving to school with my sister. She told me that mom took her to get her upper lip waxed. {I was jealous!} She shaved her legs first (in 2nd grade) and now this!! I'm the big sister, not her.
 
But my mom was taking care of my sister. No girl wants to be teased because of leg hair or facial hair.
 
We all have facial hair. Some more than others. Some darker than others. I have light facial hair. It irritates me that while wearing foundation and using powder it sticks to those little suckers. You can see it. I can see it and it makes me go crazy. Crazy! I feel like it's on display.
 
I've tried many types of home waxing products: the strips, microwaveable wax, and different brands. My favorite for the past 8 years is Parissa. It is sold at Ulta and Target for about $8.  
 
 
I love this wax. Parissa wax hardens, which has been my favorite to any other kind.
 
To use, read the enclosed directions. I'm not going to lie. It hurts like mad to pull it off. It's slightly better if you have someone else pull. The vial of oil is necessary. It helps get any residue left. I've also found that if I use the oil, I don't break out.
 
I have melasma (the dark spots above the upper lip, aka mask of pregnancy) and they haven't gone away. I have been using pigment lightening pads prescribed by an esthetician. About a month ago, I had a follow up. She asked if I waxed. I proudly told her yes. She said that waxing makes the spots worse and suggested threading.... which I can't do myself and don't plan on paying someone for. So for now I'm trying out the Olay hair removal cream. This costs about $27. A friend uses Sally Hansen hair removal cream that is more cost friendly - $6. I haven't tried it yet, but for the price, I'm willing to switch.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment