Sunday, November 11, 2012

Painting - Accent Wall

While my little girl was napping, I took on a project... painting a wall in my 6 year old daughters room. It took me an hour and a half to paint and clean up. So come on girls!... you can do this too!


First, move all the furniture back from the wall. If there are any holes, fill them in. Remove any hardware. If there is any grease/oil marks, use a mild detergent, water and a cloth to wipe down the walls. With the painters tape, tape off the baseboard, ceiling and side walls. I taped in long pieces. It makes for easy removal. Painters tape is a must!! This will leave a straight line when your finished painting. Finally, cover the floor with the plastic drop cloth. Tape it to the baseboard to ensure that it doesn't move.

 


I started painting the edges with a medium sized brush. You can buy them at Home Depot or Lowes.  I also painted around the wall cut outs.
 
 


While painting, create a note for your husband, boyfriend, or child on the wall, take a picture of it & send it.  I sent this to my husband while he was at work. It reminds him that I'm thinking of him!

 


While painting, you don't want to only go up and down. To get better coverage, make Xs and then go up and down. This will help get in all the little grooves in the wall. To ensure even coverage and optimal color, use a second coat.



I added a this fabulous chandelier decal from Target {you can also find them at just about anywhere}.



See! Now wasn't that easy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment