Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Homemade Macaroni & Cheese

My sister in law is an amazing cook. More than just amazing... she creates these gourmet meals that you only read about in magazines. Many years ago for my brother in laws birthday, she made macaroni & cheese... and it wasn't from the box. It was really good!

Years later I came across this recipe years later and it's become a family favorite. I love its simplicity. I got this recipe from a Williams-Sonoma kid cookbook. You'll have to forgive me... I wrote down only the ingredients, but not the directions. If you have questions, leave a comment. I'll get back to you.

I pair this cheesy dish with steamed broccoli. Cheese, broccoli... you can't go wrong!



2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Flour
1 2/3 c Milk
1 c shredded extra sharp chedder cheese
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
 
1 lb Dried pasta (I like the small shells)
 
 
Directions: Cook pasta according to box.
 
Melt butter in pan. Add flour and whisk together. Pour in milk, whisk continuously. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add cheeses while whisking sauce.
 
Pour cheese sauce over noodles.
{I like lots of sauce, so I usually double the recipe}

 
   

Teresa adds: This is my favorite Mac & Cheese, especially if Sarah makes it. Food always seems to taste better when someone else makes it ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment