Friday, February 8, 2013

I thought I was saving money...

While shopping at Costco the other day, I bought a box of diapers for my little girl. I usually expect the cheaper brand {Kirkland} to be,... um..., well, cheaper. Nope! Kirkland brand was the same price as Huggies. So being the savvy shopper, I bought Huggies...  choking on paying almost $40 for a box of 180 diapers.
I'm a penny pincher, {okay, I'm a wanna-be, I try! I really do.} I have no problem with Target brand diapers. They work just like any other diaper. {Side story: I was talking to a friend that was told by her sister that different diapers work for different babies. And it's true. Actually, my daughter leaked with the Huggies the other night.}
After Costco, my husband & I continued our shopping to Target. {Yes, it is a weekly thing we do together.} Amidst our shopping, I ran over to the baby section to check the price & quantity of the diapers in the same size that I just bought at Costco. I used my mad math skills on the cell phone and {gasp!!} realized I paid more at Costco. Target’s diapers are $0.03 cheaper. I know, I know... it's only 3 cents, but when I consider that I just paid almost $6 more at Costco? Yeup, Target diapers it is.
 
I keep a stash of diapers in the credenza in our family room.
 
My drawer of diapers

No comments:

Post a Comment